Friday, September 9th, 2011 | posted by wendy
- 4 John Dory fillets- 6-8 oz. each
- 2 carrots cut thin julienne
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Leeks cut in thin julienne (use white and part of green)
- 3 cloves garlic, fine chop
- 2 zucchini, cut thin julienne
- 3 T chopped fresh dill
- 4 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup fish stock (available at Monahan’s) or dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces of parchment paper 12 x 16 inches
Pre heat oven to 375º.
Because the John Dory fillets are fairly thin do a quick sauté of the veggies. Heat pan over med- high heat, add 2 T olive and add garlic until it just starts to brown. Add vegetables (save tomatoes and dill till the end, save a little dill to top the fillets). Sauté until vegetables start to soften ,toss in tomatoes and dill and take off heat.
Fold parchment paper in half and divide vegetables equally on one side of each paper and season with salt and pepper.
Place each fillet over vegetables and drizzle with rest of olive oil and stock or wine, then sprinkle a bit of dill over fillets. Make a pouch by folding parchment in 1/2 circle.
Place on cookie sheet or broiling pan and pop in oven for 12 min.
Serve in pouch – tear into center of pouch at the table and get hit with the steaming hot and aromatic whiff.